<$BlogRSDUrl$>
AdSense Group : Gathering Q&A form Google AdSense Group And More AdSense Tips: Getting The Balance Right?

« Home | Adsense to open new explorer window » | Q: Google adsense question regarding disabled webs... » | google adsense help.pls? » | Q: Buying Adsense website? » | Q: What are the secrets to adsense? » | I have an Adsense account with Google for my Blog.... » | AdSense TIPS - Usefull tips for newbies » | Is AdSense Good For Your Small Business » | Moving To The Next Level With Adsense » | Adsense Tips - Make More Money With Your Web Site »

Getting The Balance Right?

Monday, October 09, 2006

Q; Getting The Balance Right?



From: Jack Frost

Hi all, hope you can help.
I've incorporated ads into my website similarly to how I've seen
other 'model' sites integrate their ads (ad block in main content
aligned left, images over other ads etc.), but they get less clicks
than the ads on the right margin, which are not really blended at all.
Is there a more suitable way of going about this for my website?

I don't want to go over board with blending either. I know hiding the
ads so that the visitor doesn't know what they are clicking is good
for CTR; but I don't want to deceive people. I just want the ads to
be available in the event that if the visitor is not interested in the
site that they may see something of more interest in the ads and click
them. The ads shouldn't steal the limelight either and should look
like they belong with the rest of the site design.

Of course I want a to earn revenue from the site, it's the only way
I'll be able to take a long term approach to the website, but I want
to get the balance right too.

Any suggestions or examples that you can point me to will be greatly
appreciated!

My site: www.Our-Ireland.com

Answer - by PJ



Important. You have a title over your ad on your first page. This is
actually classified as labeling and could cause a ban. Ad placement is
great, but you are better off moving the titile "our goal" on top of
the text on the right.


Answer - by PJ



You aren't deceiving people. You are embedding an advertisement into
your content which is actually recommended by the AdSense tutorials.
Blend Blend Blend. The only reason someone would click on an ad is if
they didn't see a possible answer anywhere to their question anywhere
else on that page.

Kick back and make some cash. Blend away.


Answer - by shellgrip(a)mindlands.co.uk



Jack, of primary worry is the graphic images over the top links ad
unit. These MUST be separated from the ads below as they appear to be
clearly linked to the ads, a TOS no-no.
As PJ has said, blend away. If your site contains decent content then
the ads may well contain useful and pertinent information for your
visitors - they are a benefit, not a scam.

I'd look to change the link title colour to green or orange and the
link URL colour to black.

If you want to keep the images at the top, at least put an HR between
them and the ads and a little space.
\
6:51 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

asshur :: permalink